Check-in 1: Setup
29 January 2019
- Download VirtualBox – I strongly recommend version 5.2.14 because it matches what I’m using.
- Run the installer. All default settings should be fine. You can trash the download once it is installed.
- Download our VM image (~1GB): https://d2he78l8f4fi4u.cloudfront.net/liucs-2019.01.23.ova
- After download completes, you should be able to double-click to
.ovafile, and it will begin importing into VirtualBox.
- You should see “liucs-2019.01.23” in the VirtualBox left sidebar. Double-click it to start.
- You can adjust the screen size/density using View » Scale on the VM menu.
- Open the Terminal Emulator from the gear menu and try typing:
- If it says an update is available, you can try:
When it asks, the password for the
- When you’re done using the VM, it is best to shut it down cleanly using the switch icon in the upper right.
- If you don’t have an account there already, register for our
GitLab instance at https://gitlab.liu.edu/users/sign_in. You must
liu.eduaddress to register. (Note: this is not the same as
- Once you are signed in, go to the GitLab group page for our course: https://gitlab.liu.edu/cs120s19 and request access to the group.